FEBRUARY 7th 2021 – JULY 31th 2022
Call for artists
The call is open to artists between 18 and 35 years old. The applicants must be European residents or citizens. MArteLive Europe features 16 Artistic disciplines and covers the whole European territory, divided into 3 Areas: Blue Area, Green Area, Yellow Area.
Depending on your country, you enroll in one of these Areas.
You can submit only one application FOR ARTISTIC DISCIPLINE.
i.e. If you are a director for theater and cinema, and also a writer, you can submit 3 separate applications, enrolling in each artistic disciplines you are interested in.
All works and performances admitted to the competition must be strictly original, under penalty of exclusion from the competition.
Discover your Area, pick your best performance and APPLY NOW!
MAY 2021 – SEPTEMBER 2022
Online & stream auditions
Based on submitted materials, MArteLive Europe selects 10 artists from each artistic discipline, in each European Area. This means that MArteLive Europe selects the 10 best performances that applied for Music in the Green Area, the 10 best 10 performances that applied for Music in the Blue Area, and the 10 best performances that applied for Music in the Yellow Area.
The same process applies to each of the 16 artistic disciplines included in the contest.
Artistic material will be broadcast during Online & Stream Auditions on MArteLive Europe social media
Artistic material is evaluated by both jurors and the audience watching the online events.
Only 3 artists for each discipline pass through, getting access to the Semifinal Shows.
Again, this means 3 Artists for each discipline, in each European Area: i.e. for Music there are 3 semifinalists for the Green Area, 3 semifinalists for the Blue Area, and 3 semifinalists for the Yellow Area.
- Yellow Online and Live Stream Auditions take place from 14 to 18 May 2021
- Green Online and Live Stream Auditions take place from from 1 to 5 August 2022
- Blue Online and Live Stream Auditions take place from from 8 to 12 August 2022
There are 3 semifinal shows, one for each European Area:
- The Yellow Semifinal Show takes place in Vilnius, Lithuania, on June 25th, 2021
- The Green Semifinal Show takes place in Krakow, Poland, on September 2022
- The Blue Semifinal Show takes place in Tuzla, Bosnia and Herzegovina, on September 2022
Semifinal Shows are spectacular Live Shows where all the forms of art come together to create a unique multidisciplinary experience: more than 50 talented artists coming from all over Europe perform simultaneously during an unforgettable event.
The jurors and the audience vote together to select the winners of each artistic discipline.
Only 1 artist for each Discipline will be crowned as the winner, gaining:
- Cash prize of EUR 300;
- the chance to perform or exhibit at the Semifinal Show of your Area
- Chance to take part in a 1-Week Art Residency in Italy, Poland, Lithuania or Bosnia and Herzegovina in the Summer of 2022;
- Ticket to the Final Show in Rome, Italy, on October 18-20, 2022;
- Special prizes, featuring and collaborations, depending on their artistic discipline.
ROME, ITALY – OCTOBER 2022
European Final Show
The European Final Show takes place in Rome, Italy, on October 18-20, 2022. Selected Artists will perform during the prestigious MArteLive Biennial – a huge festival involving more than 50 venues with an audience of 50,000 people! On this special occasion, the best of the European talents perform together during one event, selecting the one and only winner for each artistic discipline.